Changing ticket status
How to change the status of a ticket using the Keeping sidebar or when replying to a ticket.
In Keeping, every ticket has one of three statuses:
- 1.Open tickets indicate the ticket is waiting for action. New tickets are automatically set as Open when they arrive in your mailbox.
- 2.Pending tickets are waiting on something. Set a conversation to Pending if you’re waiting to hear back from a customer, or you just need time to gather more information.
- 3.Closed tickets are solved conversations. Set the status to Closed when you’re finished working with the customer, and you consider the case to be resolved. By default, a ticket is automatically closed when you reply (you can change this in your mailbox settings).
If a customer replies back to a Pending or Closed ticket, the status will automatically be changed to Open. It’s not possible to edit existing status options, or add custom values to the status menu. We suggest using tags for that.
You can manually set the status for a ticket by using the right sidebar. You can do this at anytime if you need to update the status of a ticket.
By default, a ticket is automatically closed when you reply (you can change this in your mailbox's settings). You can override this default behavior by using the "Keeping Button" to send your response and then choosing:
- Send & close to send your response and close the ticket.
- Send & pending to send your response and move the ticket to a pending status.
- Send & open to send your response and keep the ticket open.
Click the Keeping logo when sending a message to change the status after you send.
When viewing a list of tickets in Gmail (or in the Web Portal), select one or more to change a large group of tickets at once. After you have enabled "multi-select mode" in Gmail, use the top menu bar to change the status en masse.
Select multiple tickets to change the status en masse.
Finally, you can also automatically change the status of a ticket using a Workflow. With a Workflow, you can set a rule to match on when a ticket arrives, and then automatically change the status. This is great for keeping your inbox tidy. Read more in our Workflows help section.